EUCERIN® LAUNCHES AN ADVANCED SUN PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN’S SKIN
By The Beauty Hub | June 8th, 2014 | Brands,News
Eucerin® conscious of the importance of sun protection especially in younger age groups has developed a unique formula stronger than the conventional protection. Eucerin® Kids Sun Protection uses the most advanced UV-filter combined with cell and DNA protection.
Sun protection for children is extremely important, since the self-protection mechanism in children’s skin is not fully developed, and at the same time, UV-exposition for children is extremely high. Due to outdoor activities, children in comparison to adults are exposed to a threefold UV-radiation therefore, active and passive sun protection is absolutely necessary. Because UV-induced damages and repeated sunburns during childhood and adolescence do increase the risk of developing epithelial skin cancer and malign melanomas in later life.
Since children’s skin only has a reduced sebaceous gland function and therefore prone to desiccation, there are also certain requirements with regard to the care properties of sun protection products. Sun protection products for children should have a high SPF; meet specific standards with regards to water-resistance and should not contain any fragrances.
Eucerin® Kids Sun Protection is suitable for sensitive and atopic skin of children at the age of one year and above. The sun protection products include:
- Highly effective UVA/UVB-filter system with TINOSORB®S, that provides excellent absorption capacity three times more UVA radiation than other broadband filters.
- Active ingredients like Licochalcone A, a strong antioxidant to protect cells from free radicals which are caused by UV rays.
- Glycyrrhetinic Acid which provides DNA protection as well as DNA repair of possible damage caused by UV rays offer additional biological cell protection on top of the regular UV protection.
The Eucerin® Kids Sun Spray SPF 50+, clinically proven on children at the age of one year and older, protects from sunburn and reduces the risk of long-term UV skin damages with cell and DNA protection.
Tips to make applying sun protection easier:
- Don’t wait until you go outdoors to put on sunscreen. Ideally, it should be applied at least 30 minutes before being exposed to the sun.
- Apply sunscreen at home before putting on your bathing suits to make sure every inch of skin is covered to avoid little sunburns along the edge of a bathing suit.
- Use at least a palmful of sunscreen on your child; a palmful is an easy way to figure out, and if you’re in doubt, more is never a bad idea.
- Remember to reapply – even water-proof and water-resistant sunscreens wear off after prolonged exposure. Whenever you feel skin getting warm, put more sunscreen on.
- Don’t rely only on sunscreen; clothes, hats and shades are the best sun protection.
- Tell your kids why sunscreen is important to keep their skin safe and keep the sun from burning them.
- Parents play an important role in protecting their children from the sun.
Available in leading pharmacies across the region, Eucerin® Kids Sun Spray SPF 50+ is a non-greasy oil-in-water emulsion spray and Eucerin® Kids Sun Lotion SPF 50+ are both priced at AED115. These products are free of perfume, parabens and colourants.
The Beauty Hub is an interactive online community and marketing platform for the beauty industry and their consumers in the Middle East.