THE BEST OF UVA-UVB PROTECTION FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
By The Beauty Hub | May 28th, 2015 | Brands,News
The Avène Sun Care Range offers a wide variety of textures which protect against UVB rays and include UVA protection. The range has matte and powder finish to transparent and non-sticky as well as emulsions with a remarkably dry feel.
All sunscreens protect against UVB rays, which are the rays that are responsible for sunburn, but it wasn’t until recent years that sunscreen started including UVA protection. UVA rays are the rays responsible for the signs of ageing because they are able to penetrate much deeper into the surface of the skin, damaging the cells beneath. Avène Sunscreen range offers both UVA and UVB protection, making it broad spectrum coverage.
Recommended by the International Skin Cancer Foundation – the Skin Cancer Foundation is dedicated to research and awareness on cutaneous cancers, and has awarded its seal of recommendation exclusively to Avène’s high protection Sun Care Range due to complying with the Foundation’s safety and efficacy criteria.
- Very high protection – with SPF 50+ for optimum protection in extreme sun
conditions. In 2011, the FDA proposed a regulation that would prevent products from claiming an SPF factor higher than 50. The highest permitted rating is “50+,” as there is no convincing data that SPF levels higher than 50 are meaningful. Avène Very High Protection range complies with the FDA and European regulations.
- Highly photo-stable – the UV filters do not break down or degrade once exposed to sunlight, maintaining efficacy and protection from UV rays.
- Water resistant – the Cream and Emulsion are water resistant with 50% of their photo-protective capacity maintained after 2 baths of 20 minutes each, while the Mineral Cream is very water resistant with 50% of its photo-protective capacity maintained after 4 baths of 20 minutes each.
- Octocrylene-free – this chemical filter commonly used in sunscreens protects from UVB rays and is highly photo-stable, however causes allergic reactions.
- Paraben-free – parabens are the most widely used chemical preservatives in cosmetics and personal care products. In the recent years, parabens have been shown to cause dermatitis, allergic reactions, and may increase the risk of breast cancer.
Avène Sun Care Range have transparent formulas, leave no white marks and have fast absorption. The range includes:
- Non sticky, easy-to-spread textures that are perfectly suited to all dry skin in need of hydration and nourishment.
- Leaves no white marks.
- For normal to combination skin.
- Mattifying powders and oil-free texture that gives a dry finish without shine.
- For easy application and fast absorption.
- Leaves no white marks.
Lotion/Spray for Face
- For children’s sensitive skin (3 years +).
- For skin allergic to fragrance.
- Lasting, effective protection.
- 100% mineral sunscreen.
- Very water resistant.
- Creamy texture, effective sun protection and excellent tolerance.
Moisturising Self-tanning Lotion
- Gives a natural tan, without lines.
- Soothes and hydrates.
- Does not protect from the sun.
After-sun Repair Lotion
- Soothes and calms redness.
- Restores the skin barrier.
- Hydrates and refreshes.
The Beauty Hub is an interactive online community and marketing platform for the beauty industry and their consumers in the Middle East.