TOP 9 ECO-FRIENDLY SKINCARE TIPS
By Sophie Addison | June 8th, 2015 | Beauty Tips,Blog,Editors Pick
Perhaps you are following a certain beauty routine every day to get a radiant young looking and healthy skin. These include products for skin cleansing and moisturising. However, you may not be conversant with the chemicals that the products contain. By choosing eco-friendly skincare cosmetic products, you stand a chance of controlling the substances your body absorbs, thus making your skincare regimen not only more efficient but healthy as well.
Here are some natural organic skin care tips you should follow:
- Drink plenty of water – cosmetic experts recommend that you should consume purified water in proportion to your weight. Water facilitates a number of body functions including digestion, circulation, absorption and excretion. These are all important for your skin, failure to which your skin may become dry, tight and flaky. Consume about ½ your body weight in ounces of clean water every day.
- Consume raw rich foods – these will enhance not only the appearance of your skin, but also how it feels and how healthy it becomes. High fiber diet, fresh foods, especially watermelon, green smoothies, juices, salads and fruits, come with essential fatty acids vital for a radiant youthful skin appearance.
- Regular exercise – in reference to dermatologist Ellen Marmur, MD, an associate professor of dermatology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and the author of Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman’s Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin, any form of exercise that promotes healthy circulation keeps your skin healthy and vibrant as well. Exercises increase the flow of blood which helps in nourishing your skin cells with nutrients and oxygen. Sweating will also open your pores and help in excretion of toxins. Commit to regular workouts 3-4 times every week. Jog, run, swim or hit the gym.
- Get adequate sleep – this goes without saying. If you skimp on your sleep, it will reflect on your face the following day. Sleep deprivation leads to dilation of blood vessels resulting in dark circles. You are subject to stress if you don’t get a restful nights sleep. A good night’s sleep sends your whole body in to repair mode. Your skin too renews itself while you are enjoying a restful night. New cells emerge to replace the older ones. It is during that time that hormonal and metabolic changes occur in your body, including your skin. Ensure you get the recommended minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Scrub with a dry skin brush in the morning – this helps in stimulating lymphatic system charged with elimination of cellular waste products. It also helps in exfoliation to remove dead dry skin cells, improving its appearance and clearing clogged pores. Dry brushing is also ideal for increasing circulation, reduction of cellulite, stress relieving, and skin invigoration.
- Positive thinking – feeling sorry for your skin will not be a solution to any of its condition. Positive thoughts including affirmation, such as “I am beautiful,” “I feel amazing,” or I can achieve anything” will help in re-organizing your thoughts and mitigate negative emotions, maintaining some peace in your mind. Focus on what you want your skin to look like. Try to start with small, encouraging steps and they will definitely lead to positive outcome.
- Take care of your hair – to keep your hair silky, shining and smooth, shampoo regularly and use a good conditioner to protect hair. Also stimulate circulation by using a herbal rinse. Ensure you hair is always in a good style and that will boost your confidence. Carry a comb or brush with you to work in case it gets a little undone.
- Take a break outside – staying indoors for long periods of time is not good for your health, let alone your skin. Even when at work, move outside in the sunshine and fresh air. This will give a relaxed feeling as your skin and hair take a break from enclosed air indoors.
- Cleanse your skin regularly – your skin especially your face is usually exposed to environmental pollutants. Cleansing regularly will get rid of these pollutants that might harbor bacteria or germs. Ensure you apply a sunscreen after washing your face to shield your skin from harmful UV rays. Do not forget to clean before going to sleep to remove makeup that might clog your pores.
If you are in quest for a radiant glowing skin, it has to start with a regular regimen, carried out every morning and evening. Ensure you dry brush every morning but do it lightly for your face and avoid your eyes. Use a light cleanser and massage your face for about a minute before rinsing with water. If you have a mature skin, always use anti-ageing cream in combination with a sunscreen and a moisturiser. Hydrate regularly and take the recommended amount of water to keep off dry and flaky skin.
Follow these listed eco-friendly skincare tips and it will be certain that you will get the radiant glowing skin you’ve always been looking for.
The Beauty Hub is an interactive online community and marketing platform for the beauty industry and their consumers in the Middle East.