HOW TO GUIDE OF A KONJAC SPONGE
By The Beauty Hub | September 7th, 2015 | Beauty Articles,News
The Japanese have used Konjac for over 1500 years as a food source and over the last century began using the Konjac potato as a weird yet wonderful beauty treatment.
The Konjac sponge has been handmade from the vegetable fibre of this plant along with French clays and even pure charcoal from bamboo. As a result, the Konjac sponge is extremely gentle and 100% biodegradable – and you can even compost it when it’s time for a new one.
What Does the Konjac Sponge Do?
The Konjac sponge is an extremely gentle cleanser for both face and body. The sponge acts as a gentle exfoliator, delicately rubbing off dead skin cells. The super soft texture means anyone can use it, new born babies included – they even have a sponge specifically made for babies too!
How to use the Konjac Sponge?
- Soaking the sponge in warm water will make the sponge’s texture softer. Soak the sponge with warm until it’s fully expanded – approximately by one and a half times.
- If you have make-up on, it’s best to remove your make-up using your cleanser with the sponge using circular, upward motions. This will give you a lifting effect, deep cleanse and will massage your face at the same time.
- You can cleanse your face or body either with or without applying a cleanser.
- Avoid rubbing acne or irritated skin too roughly.
- After use, wash the sponge under the water. Press gently with two hands for rinsing the sponge out. Do not wring it.
- Extra steps are needed when it comes to caring for Konjac sponge in a hot country like the UAE. To avoid harmful bacteria’s, hang the sponge near a well-ventilated area such as bathroom windows.
- If the sponge surface is becoming cracked, it’s time to replace and get a new one. Typically you should get 3 months out of your sponge.
- Time for a new one? Throw the old one in a plant pot. It will gladly feed your plants!
The Konjac Sponge Co. sponges are available in Holland and Barrett, The Organic Café, Make Up Etc. and Basharcare.com. The Konjac Sponge Co. is now available in Saudi Arabia from Whites Pharmacies.
Price: Start from AED60.
The Beauty Hub is an interactive online community and marketing platform for the beauty industry and their consumers in the Middle East.