ATELIER COLOGNE'S NEW ORIENTAL COLLECTION
By The Beauty Hub | March 21st, 2016 | Brands,News
Inspired by Asia and the Middle East’s natural beauty, their people and customs, and particularly the most precious raw materials, Atelier Cologne have created five new Colognes Absolue, all of which are a part of their newest collection, Orient.
The word Orient is a reference to “the East”, or “where the sun rises”. Until the XV century, places of worship were built with entries facing east or the rising sun, suggesting to those who entered they were headed in the right direction. The east is also the origin of light, the place where the sun rises, each day celebrating new beginnings. Atelier Cologne’s iconic flacon has been reinvented for Collection Orient. The glass is coloured white reflecting modernity and purity. The golden caps pay tribute to the preciousness of the ingredients carefully selected to create each Cologne Absolue. Genuine leather labels in varied shades of blue.
Collection Orient adorn the porcelain-like bottles. Sylvie Ganter and Christophe Cervasel expand the range of raw materials used by their Maison de Parfum: incense from Samarkand, cherry blossom from Jinhae, Ceylan black tea, black pepper from Vietnam, indigo mimosa from India. The beauty and refinement of these carefully selected raw materials illustrate treasured emotions and powerful memories, sources of inspiration for the creators. A beautiful selection of citruses, Atelier Cologne’s signature, such as bitter orange from Tunisia or clementine from Italy are, as always, part of these creations so that they can belong to the growing Cologne Absolue family.
Encens Jinhae Cologne Absolue
“The wind was blowing. The graceful petals of the cherry blossoms were dancing like snow flakes. Suddenly, she got closer to him and he fell into her jet black eyes. He thought that his spell started to take hold. Her beauty was unique. Despite feeling guilty, he kissed her.”
- Top notes: Lemon from Sicily, Pink Pepper from China, Nutmeg from India.
- Heart notes: Incense from Samarkand, Cherry Blossom from Jinhae, Turkish Rose Absolue.
- Base notes: Sandalwood from New Caledonia, heart of Patchoulli from Indonesia, Elemi from Philippines.
Philtre Ceylan Cologne Absolue
“Day after day, he worked to perfect the love potion to seduce this untouchable woman. He asked her to meet him early in the morning in the park where the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. The perfect moment to kiss her would be apparent. Later, he understood that she never drank the filter he prepared. Instead, it was destiny that brought them together.”
- Top notes: Bergamot from Calabria, Spearmint from India, Cardamom from Guatemala.
- Heart notes: Ceylan Black Tea, Green Tea from Sri Lanka, Iris from China.
- Base notes: Cumin from India, Gaiac Wood from Paraguay, Papyrus from India.
Poivre Electrique Cologne Absolue
“ The plan was to sail East. The waves were calling them… Adventure was what they were after. Discovering who they are was their shared goal. When they arrived, their dream became a reality. The atmosphere was so electric. They could not resist walking towards the far off lights.”
- Top notes: Bitter Orange from Tunisia, Black Pepper from Vietnam, Pink Pepper from China.
- Heart notes: Incense from Samarkand, Pimento Leaf from Jamaica, Turkish Rose Absolue.
- Base notes: Myrrh from Africa, Sandalwood from New Caledonia, Cedarwood from Virginia.
Mimosa Indigo Cologne Absolue
“It was three in the morning. She was in a taxi heading home. Still in her purple dress looking intensely beautiful. Passing in front of a jazz club, she could hear the music playing inside. She asked the driver to stop and pushed the door open. She slowly walked to the musician sitting in the dark and told him: « this is MY music.”
- Top notes: Mandarin from Italy, Bergamot from Calabria, Saffron flower from India.
- Heart notes: Indigo Mimosa from India, White Leather accord, Lilac.
- Base notes: Sandalwood from New Caledonia, Vanilla from Papua New Guinea, Musk.
Tobacco Nuit Cologne Absolue
“This night the jazz club was full. The notes effortlessly emerged from his saxophone. A beautiful dark-haired woman approached. Her appreciation for the melody was no secret. Confidently, she softly spoke to him. A moment he could only dream of.”
- Top notes: Clementine from Italy, Coriander from Russia, Cumin from India.
- Heart notes: Tobacco flower from Turkey, Labdanum from Egypt, Incense from Samarkand.
- Base notes: Patchoulli from Indonesia, Cedarwood from Atlas, Tonka Bean from Brazil.
The Beauty Hub is an interactive online community and marketing platform for the beauty industry and their consumers in the Middle East.