THE DOHA BEAUTY SHOW 20TH-22ND OCTOBER 2016
By Doha Beauty Show | July 17th, 2016 | Company News,Editors Pick,News
Doha Beauty Show is the gateway to Qatar’s beauty and personal care industries. The show is set to bring together international brands, local retailers, consumers and authorities under one roof to explore the ample opportunities available in the country.
The three days show will run from the 20th to the 22nd of October at the Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre. A first of its kind event in Qatar, the show will be dedicated to local and international trade and beauty professionals as well as local consumers. Doha Beauty Show focuses on four pillars in the beauty industry, including cosmetics & fragrance, spa & aesthetics, natural products and hair care & nails.
The first day of the event will be dedicated to businesses and traders. The Doha Beauty Show presents a valuable networking opportunity that international brands will greatly benefit from. The show will introduce international brands to the ample opportunities available in Qatar’s beauty industry and connect them with local retailers and regulatory authorities. The programme of the show includes informational sessions with the relevant parties from the local government, which will help shed light on how to enter the Qatari market, the rules and regulations of importing products to Qatar in addition to other important information on business and trade topics. International brands will also get the chance to learn about the local beauty preferences and practices directly from the consumers.
Doha Beauty Show will be open to the general public on the 21st and 22nd of October. By visiting the show, local consumers can discover the latest trends and offerings in the global beauty industry. The show will include trends and demonstration sessions by industry experts that local consumers will greatly benefit from.
Main attractions and activities:
- Industry workshops organised in partnership with local ministries, governmental authorities and financial institutions on the rules and regulations of approved products and ingredients in Qatar and on the local business regulations for the set-up of new businesses;
- Matched business meetings that bring trade professionals and beauty specialists expertly matched to discuss business agendas and potential partnerships;
- Competitions for local service providers and beauty students in Qatar;
- VIP testing areas and meeting areas for traders.
- Local and international beauty brands;
- Local retailers and developers;
- Industry experts;
- International Beauty Associations;
- Local and regional beauty and lifestyle media;
- International trade media;
- Hotels and Health & Wellness Institutions;
- Local institutions and regulatory bodies.
Facts & Figures about Qatar’s Beauty Market and its untapped opportunities:
Doha Beauty Show will reveal the ample opportunities available on the local and regional market to international brands. While Qatar’s retail market continues to diversify and mature, the luxury and beauty sectors bring a significant contribution to this growth. The rapid development of Qatar’s economy has provided luxury retailers, including luxury beauty brands, with a large and wealthy consumer base. The beauty and cosmetics sector in Qatar registered significant growth due to the strong purchasing power of the residents, in addition to the growth of the young population, which is the main consumer of cosmetics and personal care products.
Here are some key facts and figures about the beauty and luxury segment in Qatar and the region:
- Middle East and Africa are predicted to be the world’s second fastest growing beauty markets;
- Euromonitor forecasts that the value of MEA region’s beauty and personal care market will grow 4.25 percent annually to reach more than USD30 billion in 2018;
- Industry insights show the average spent on cosmetics and fragrances in the GCC is around USD334 per person;
- There are almost 1,000 sale points in Qatar alone – the strategic location of Qatar in the GCC as a trade hub enabled many to invest in the cosmetics manufacturing;
- The overall cosmetics and fragrance market is expected to reach a market size of USD3,222.6 million in 2017;
- Halal and organic products made from pure and natural ingredients are gaining market traction in Qatar and the region;
- Grooming has always played an essential role in the Arab culture. Qatar is a booming market for male salons and SPAs that offer a wide variety of services for men, including haircuts, shaving, manicure and pedicure, massages, facial and body treatments.
To find out more about the Doha Beauty Show please visit: www.dohabeautyshow.com.
The Beauty Hub is an online news and information platform covering the beauty industry in the Middle East.