2016 SUSTAINABLE BEAUTY AWARDS OPEN FOR ENTRIES
By The Beauty Hub | August 8th, 2016 | International Beauty News,News
This year’s Sustainable Beauty Awards are now open for entries. Launched in 2013, the Sustainable Beauty Awards give recognition to operators who are pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry. There are five award categories, each representing different aspects of sustainability:
1. Green Formulations Award – for a cosmetic range with a high level of natural or organic ingredients.
2. Sustainable Packaging- for a new packaging format with low environmental footprint in terms of design and / or materials.
3. Sustainable Ingredient – for a material that makes a significant difference in terms of environmental and / or social impact.
4. Sustainability Pioneer – for an operator that is a pioneer or leader in some aspect of sustainability.
5. Sustainability Leadership – for an operator that leads in various aspects of sustainability.
The deadline for entries is 23rd September, finalists will be notified by 1st October, and the winners announced at a dedicated awards ceremony at the Paris Marriott ChampsElysées on the evening of 24th October. The awards ceremony will be co-hosted alongside the European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit.
Finalists and the eventual winners will benefit from media coverage and industry recognition of their sustainability achievements. Reflecting the diverse nature of sustainability, previous finalists have been natural & organic beauty brands, large cosmetic firms, ingredient companies, NGOs, and related firms.
In previous years, about 100 award entries were received from cosmetic & related firms from across the globe. A similar response is expected to the 2016 awards.
Comments Amarjit Sahota, president of the organiser Organic Monitor: “Sustainability is becoming an integral part of business for many cosmetic and ingredient firms. By hosting these awards, we aim to give recognition to those who are making a sustainable difference.”
The Beauty Hub is an interactive online community and marketing platform for the beauty industry and their consumers in the Middle East.