CLEAR YOUR DARK CIRCLES FOR GOOD
By Jazz Pollard | October 23rd, 2016 | Beauty Tips,Blog
Bright eyes are a requirement for an overall flattering and flawless complexion. Almost always, the eye area gets the most immediate attention. It is therefore imperative to give skin around these parts the extra attention and TLC necessary for you to enjoy lustrous eyes.
Why eye creams?
Skin around your eyes deserve an eye cream for many reasons, among which is to prevent and improve the appearance of dark circles. Pigmented eye skin is often the result of a combination of chronically dry and tired eyes, weak veins, stuck fluids and leaking blood. Although it is the leaked blood that is causing the skin to appear black or purplish, sometimes even greenish, it takes a solution that addresses all five concerns to make your dark circles disappear.
Eye creams can be good solutions but, not all are made the same way. From Dolce and Gabbana and P&G comes Aurealux Eye Gel with Gold Flavo-Silk Tricomplex and Italian olive oil exract which, together with Niacinamide, boosts eye skin health by raising antioxidant levels in your skin. Rodan + Fields Anti-Age Multi-function Eye Cream contains botanically derived antioxidants and peptides that work on skin to improve the appearance of dark circles, puffy eyes and wrinkles.
How to cope with dark circles. Below are 7 clever tricks to say ‘bye bye’ to dark circles for good:
1. Keep your eyes well lubricated. Dry eyes resulting from everyday stress and eye strain can cause dark circles by drawing in fluids to the eye area. These can be easily prevented by taking on a number of practical practices that lessen eye strain. First is by looking away from your screen or shutting your eyes for at least 5 minutes, once every 45 minutes. Second is by keeping a moisturising eye dropper near your desk or inside your bag whenever you’re outside of your home. If you wear contact lenses, make sure these are always clean and that your eyes are kept from drying out.
2. Cleanse and exfoliate skin around your eyes. Use mild and gentle alpha hydroxy acid exfoliants to stimulate the resurfacing of younger skin cells that leave your eye area looking renewed and more youthful.
3. Use an eye cream. When it comes to eye skin health, most especially when it comes to ageing skin, using a moisturiser isn’t always enough. When your eye skin is plagued by puffiness, dark circles, age spots and other signs of skin ageing, perhaps it’s time for you to incorporate an eye cream in your routine like Rodan + Fields Anti-Age Multi-Function Eye Cream or Aurealux Eye Gel. In many ways, product results vary across users but, you’ll never find out how it can improve your skin if you don’t try one.
4. Moisturise some more. Restore eye skin health by flooding it with moisture. Try eye masks to soak in more moisture into your eye skin. Perform cold compress to relax and soothe constricted veins. Layer your eye cream with essences, ampules, serums and creams as you deem necessary.
5. Watch what you eat. Shift to a low sodium, antioxidant enriched diet to see more permanent improvements to your eye area. So, before you dig into that salty bag of potato chips, picture yourself with dark circles so that you can fight the temptation. Also, eat more fresh produce which has a high water content.
6. Get moving. Not a lot of people are big fans of exercising. If you’re one of them, either you surrender to dark circles or start on a more active lifestyle. If exercise bores you, do more physically challenging mundane activities like scrubbing your bathroom floor or, walking more kilometres on your way to the office and back.
7. Sleep. It is the best therapy you can give your eyes.
Dark circles take a more holistic approach to skincare to finally rid of them for good. Practice these 7 healthy eye care habits to see your bright eyes without the dark halos around it once and for all.
Contributor: Jazz Pollard writes on beauty, skincare, fashion, and lifestyle. ‘I love makeup and right now living my dream of writing’.
The Beauty Hub is an online platform sharing the latest beauty news, product reviews and trends in the Middle East.